As well as complete commericial carpet cleaning services, Huddleston Technical are experts in 'spot' carpet cleaning. Do-it-yourselfers may find these tips useful when trying to remove a pesky spot from their carpet:
- If the spot is still moist, blot up as much liquid as possible, dabbing lightly with a clean white towel or paper towel. Scrape off any solids with a spatula.
- If spot is dry, loosen residue with spotting spatula and vacuum.
- Always pre-test the surface to be cleaned. Apply cleaning solution to an inconspicuous area of the carpet. If, after five minutes, the material's color transfers to towel, try another product.
- When taking out spots, always use a white cloth. First, apply the spotting solution for that spot to the cloth. Then place the towel on the carpet.
- Work from the outside of the spot to the inside, using a blotting motion. Repeat as long as the spot continues to transfer to your towel.
- Always treat spots as soon as possible. Once stains are locked into the carpet fibers, they cannot be removed.