Woman Who Died in Marmaduke House Fire Apparently Fell Asleep After Starting Stove - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Marmaduke, AR

Woman Who Died in Marmaduke House Fire Apparently Fell Asleep After Starting Stove

JULY 27, 2006 - Posted at 7:25 a.m. CDT

 

MARMADUKE, AR - Fire investigators say a Marmaduke woman who died in a fire at her mobile home on Saturday apparently fell asleep after beginning to fix something to eat in her kitchen.

The Greene County Sheriff's office says Tammy Sue Barnett-Wright died Saturday.  An investigator's report said Barnett-Wright, after going into her kitchen to prepare some food about 5 a.m., went back to her bedroom and fell asleep.  About 6:30 a.m., a caller reported a fire at the home.  Fire officials concluded the fire began in the kitchen.

(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Powered by Frankly