As seen on News at Five with Diana Davis, here is the 2006 Miss Craighead County Rice recipe from Ms. Kellye Griffin...
- 1 pkg. long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 c. sliced carrots
- 1-1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cans chicken broth (14 1/2 oz each)
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 6 tbsp. sliced green onions
Prepare rice mix according to package directions, omitting butter. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute chicken, mushrooms, onions, and carrots in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.