State Issues Cease & Desist Order for Heber Springs Man's Dominican Casino Plan - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Little Rock, AR

State Issues Cease & Desist Order for Heber Springs Man's Dominican Casino Plan

SEPTEMBER 8, 2006 - Posted at 5:00 p.m. CDT

 

LITTLE ROCK, AR - Arkansas regulators have ordered a Heber Springs man to stop offering stock shares or requesting loans intended to help him finance the purchase of a casino in the Dominican Republic.  The Arkansas Securities Department says two businesses owned by Christopher A. "Big Poppa" Hogan of Heber Springs are not registered with the department and that Hogan is not registered to sell securities in Arkansas.

The Securities Department said Hogan did not reveal on a company Web site or in his contracts that he was convicted and served time in prison in Arkansas for theft of property.  It also said Missouri issued a cease-and-desist order against Hogan in 2003 for the improper sale of securities there.

(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • The Latest: Officials: Mexico, Guatemala natives on truck

    The Latest: Officials: Mexico, Guatemala natives on truck

    Sunday, July 23 2017 6:51 AM EDT2017-07-23 10:51:24 GMT
    Monday, July 24 2017 12:33 AM EDT2017-07-24 04:33:17 GMT
    The temperature in San Antonio had been in the 90s just before eight people were found dead in a tractor-trailer outside a Walmart store.
    The temperature in San Antonio had been in the 90s just before eight people were found dead in a tractor-trailer outside a Walmart store.
  • Fire destroys home in downtown Jonesboro

    Fire destroys home in downtown Jonesboro

    Saturday, July 22 2017 9:17 PM EDT2017-07-23 01:17:09 GMT
    Sunday, July 23 2017 5:56 PM EDT2017-07-23 21:56:36 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    Assistant Fire Chief Alan Dunn said Sunday that the home was a complete loss and the cause of the fire is still under investigation.  

    Assistant Fire Chief Alan Dunn said Sunday that the home was a complete loss and the cause of the fire is still under investigation.  

  • Firefighters return to station damaged in flood

    Firefighters return to station damaged in flood

    Sunday, July 23 2017 5:22 PM EDT2017-07-23 21:22:00 GMT
    Sunday, July 23 2017 5:37 PM EDT2017-07-23 21:37:03 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    On Sunday, several Pocahontas firefighters moved back into their home station.

    On Sunday, several Pocahontas firefighters moved back into their home station.

Powered by Frankly