NOVEMBER 21, 2006 - Posted at 7:43 a.m. CST
PARAGOULD, AR - The Dragonfly Clothing Store in downtown Paragould caught fire just before 9 p.m. last night.
The Paragould Fire Department says the blaze appears to have been caused by a malfunctioning heater inside the store. "We were paged out at approximately 8:45 to a structure fire. The first unit, a couple of minutes later, reported smoke coming out of the second story of the building," said PFD Captain Kevin Lang. "We got set up and made entry inside and actually found the fire on the ground floor. It appeared to start at the backside of the building, but we were able to knock it down pretty quick."