Final Report Shows ASU Dorm Free of Toxic Mold - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Jonesboro, AR

Final Report Shows ASU Dorm Free of Toxic Mold

JANUARY 9, 2007 - Posted at 7:59 a.m. CST

 

JONESBORO, AR - Officials from Arkansas State University provided K8 News with a report late yesterday that states that mold found inside the Kays Hall dormitory is not hazardous to the health of student who live there.

That finding comes from indoor air quality studies conducted by both the Arkansas Department of Health and Human Services and a private environmental company, and confirms ASU's original statement about the issue.

Corey Rodgers, a 19-year-old student, died in November of pnuemonia, but his family's attorney says a room in which he often stayed had an excessive amount of mold in it.

Powered by Frankly