Improving Quality of Life
At HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, we understand the everyday challenges associated with Parkinson's disease. That's why we're committed to improving the lives of those with the disease.
Our inpatient and outpatient locations offer comprehensive therapy programs, state-of-the art equipment and experienced neuro-rehabilitation therapists. All of this, plus a positive outlook -- further confirming our priority to offer exceptional patient care.
Who can benefit from this specialized program?
The program provides structured, goal-oriented individualized therapy for those in all stages of Parkinson's disease. It is also available to clients with movement disorders.
Establishing the right program for each situation
The program first assesses each individual's strengths and weaknesses, endurance, balance, mobility, coordination, self-care, swallowing, speech and cognition issues, nutritional needs, medication management, and homemaking skills. A customized program is then developed to meet each person's specific needs.
Based on each individuals needs, the program may include treatment on an inpatient or outpatient basis in any or all of the following areas:
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy - Lee Silverman, Voice Therapist
- Registered Nurse
- Respiratory Therapy
- Case Manager
- Family Education
The Advantages of Targeted Therapy
While there is currently no cure for Parkinson's disease, there are many ways individuals can manage symptoms, thus improving quality of life. The HealthSouth Parkinson's disease program benefits clients in many ways.
- Pinpoints exact needs with a thorough assessment
- Offers a customized program to meet each person's specific requirements for maximum outcomes
- Extends hope and encouragement to clients and their families
- Helps clients modify the disease course by managing symptoms and improving function and safety
- Increases muscle strength and flexibility
- Offers exercises that are created especially for people with Parkinson's disease
- Delivers the latest therapy treatment options for added benefits
For additional information on how HealthSouth's Parkinson's disease program can benefit you or someone you love, call 870 932-0440.