KAIT & Audio Express Extreme Car Audio/Home Theater Makeover
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Promotion Description. "Extreme Car Audio/Home Theater Makeover" (hereafter referred to as the "Promotion") is sponsored by KAIT-TV, Jonesboro, Arkansas, and Audio Express, Jonesboro, Arkansas ("Sponsor(s)"). The Promotion begins at 5:00 AM, May 7, 2007 and ends at 4:00 PM June, 16, 2007. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM, June 7, 2007. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Arkansas and Missouri who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KAIT-TV, and Audio Express, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies (collectively, the "Sponsor(s)") are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. Only one entry per e-mail address will be accepted during the duration of the promotion.
3. How to Enter. There is 1 way to enter this Promotion. Beginning at 5 AM, May 7, 2007, individuals can log on to www.kait8.com and successfully complete the online entry form. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm in order to qualify for the following day's daily drawing to determine the qualified contestant for the day as referenced in Rule 5 below. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Promotion.
4. Prize. An Extreme Car Audio/Home Theater Makeover comprised of the following: a Kenwood Car Stereo/DVD player/GPS navigation system installed by Audio Express and a SONY 50" LCD HD Television with a SONY surround-sound Home Theater system. Total prize value is approximately $7000. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Installation of the car stereo by Audio Express is included in the prize, provided that the winner brings his or her car to Audio Express on or before the date set forth in Section 7 (note that the winner must call in advance for an appointment at a mutually agreeable time). Installation of the home theatre system is not included, and the winner must pick up the home theatre system at Audio Express on or before the date set forth in Section 7.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. One qualified contestant is chosen at random each day during Good Morning Region 8 on May 7, 2007 through June 15, 2007. On June 15, 2007 or June 16, 2007, there will be a random drawing from the pool of all of the qualified contestants, and the qualified contestant that is selected will win the prize. The winner will be notified via email and phone.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim the prize. The winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 10 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. The winner must take possession of his or her prize by July 1, 2007, or the prize will be forfeited. Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, as well as all transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KAIT-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from Audio Express. The prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration by the winner. Each entrant agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this Promotion, the each entrant, including (without limitation) the winner, acknowledges that KAIT-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast the entrant's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this Promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the Promotion, however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KAIT-TV in order to ensure the fairness and/or the original intent of the Promotion. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KAIT-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this Promotion if, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the Promotion.