Odor Causes Some Howell County Residents To Be Evacuated - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Willow Springs, MO

Odor Causes Some Howell County Residents To Be Evacuated

WILLOW SPRINGS - Some residents of Howell County were being evacuated due to an unknown oder along 230 West Main in Willow Springs.  Residents started to notice the "Sewer gas smell" around 8:30 Wednesday morning.  Since then one hundred city blocks and twenty five people have been evacuated and several chemical teams including the Region G Hazmat Team and the DNR have been called in to investigate.  The cause of the oder is still unknow at this time.

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • NEA Humane Society holds cat adoption event

    NEA Humane Society holds cat adoption event

    Saturday, June 23 2018 6:25 PM EDT2018-06-23 22:25:19 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 6:48 PM EDT2018-06-23 22:48:36 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    The Northeast Arkansas Humane Society is hosting a Feline Freedom Adoption Frenzy in honor of July 4th.

    The Northeast Arkansas Humane Society is hosting a Feline Freedom Adoption Frenzy in honor of July 4th.

  • Mayor: Corning Walmart set to close in July

    Mayor: Corning Walmart set to close in July

    Wednesday, June 20 2018 11:26 AM EDT2018-06-20 15:26:48 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 3:05 PM EDT2018-06-23 19:05:53 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    A Walmart in Region 8 is closing within the month, according to the Corning mayor.

    A Walmart in Region 8 is closing within the month, according to the Corning mayor.

  • Dollar General store destroyed by Friday fire

    Dollar General store destroyed by Friday fire

    Friday, June 22 2018 10:35 PM EDT2018-06-23 02:35:05 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 2:47 PM EDT2018-06-23 18:47:09 GMT

    A Jonesboro Dollar General store is a total loss after a fire Friday night

    A Jonesboro Dollar General store is a total loss after a fire Friday night

Powered by Frankly