JONESBORO, AR -- Around 10:45 Thursday morning firefighters responded to a call at 300 West Huntington Avenue in downtown Jonesboro. When they arrived, they found the shop buildings of the Cavenaugh Lincoln-Mercury dealership fully involved.
"We were just working and one thing led to another. A car caught on fire and boom there it is," said Cavenaugh employee Kevin Anderson.
"Just a slip of a bald nut wrench with a fuel tank," said Cavenaugh employee Curt Bryant.
"We know it started on a car that was on a lift so we were unable to get the car down off the lift," said Cavenaugh Marketing and Public Relations Director Bill Little.
There were eight cars in the service area and two others in the show room when the fire started. Workers used the fire extinguishers inside to try to put the fire out.
Owner Don Cavenaugh said he's never had anything like this happen before.
"We don't know what the loss is going to be yet. We won't know until we get the fire put out and get a chance to look at it," said Cavenaugh.
As for the cars inside Cavenaugh said they've talked to their insurance company and the owners of those cars will be contacted by Friday.
On Thursday afternoon, Bill Little issued the following statement about the Cavenaugh Lincoln-Mercury Dealership.