Continuing Coverage: Pam Hobbs Speaks Out - Part 3 - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Jonesboro, AR - Will Carter Reports

Continuing Coverage: Pam Hobbs Speaks Out - Part 3

When new D.N.A. evidence came forward that could prove the West Memphis Three as innocent, fingers started pointing once again.

This time the pressure was off Mark Byers and on Terry Hobbs, the ex-husband of Pam Hobbs.

In an interview earlier this year, he voiced his own opinion of the new evidence.

"It's sad to see that there are people out here trying to get killers out of prison, that deserve, every one of them, to be hung by a rope," said Terry Hobbs.

But D.N.A. evidence could link a hair found on one of the boy's shoelaces to him.

In July I asked Pam if her ex-husband could have been involved in the murders.

"Do you think honestly in your heart that he might have had something to do with this," I asked.  "Honestly in my heart...I have to be honest. Possibly," replied Pam Hobbs.

But why did she answer that way? Four months later--the response.

"The manipulation that I lived with through 17 years of living with him, knowing honestly that he was not a loving step-father, that he tries to portray himself to be," said Hobbs.

But character aside, I ask Pam Hobbs if there was ever any abuse in their relationship that would lead her to think this.

"He'd hit me and I'd hit him back. I didn't back down, you know. We would always get into it when Stevie was alive about him being a little bit too rough. He would tell me not to tell him how to discipline our children," said Hobbs.

But were Terry's tactics and ways of discipline enough to warrant him as a murderer?

"Well, I'd have to laugh at that and say there is something wrong with anyone who would think that," said Terry himself.

And only time will tell if the West Memphis Three will be freed, and whether or not anyone else will ever be charged with the crime.

However, as time stretches on Pam Hobbs says she's found her peace in a place where her son can rest.

"I find his grave to be my place of peace now. That's where I go when I really need to just get away from the world and quit thinking about stuff and find my peace, that's where I go," said Pam Hobbs.

And Region Eight News will continue to track the latest developments in the case of the West Memphis Three.

Story ideas or comments?  Email Will at wcarter@kait8.com.

Man kicks deputy in head, police say

Monday, September 25 2017 11:38 PM EDT2017-09-26 03:38:09 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 11:54 PM EDT2017-09-26 03:54:59 GMT
    Logan Dustin Stricker (Source: Greene County Sheriff's Office via Vinelink)Logan Dustin Stricker (Source: Greene County Sheriff's Office via Vinelink)

A Greene County man faces a multitude of charges after he reportedly kicked a Greene County Sheriff's deputy in the head, authorities said Monday.

Baby boomers also interested in smartphones, study shows

Monday, September 25 2017 10:58 PM EDT2017-09-26 02:58:07 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 11:37 PM EDT2017-09-26 03:37:11 GMT
    (Source: Pablo)(Source: Pablo)

Young people and young adults may not be the only technically adept members of their family, according to a recent study from a cell phone company.

Family requests rezoning for miniature horses

Monday, September 25 2017 10:35 PM EDT2017-09-26 02:35:13 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 11:24 PM EDT2017-09-26 03:24:09 GMT

A Paragould family is a step closer to having their miniature horses living on their property as the city discussed an ordinance that would rezone their property from residential to agriculture. The property is located in the 3,000-block of Finch Road.