Buffalo Island Jr. High Students Treated for Carbon Monoxide - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Buffalo Island Jr. High Students Treated for Carbon Monoxide

LEACHVILLE, AR (KAIT) - Approximately 20 students and two coaches at Buffalo Island Central Junior High School in Leachville were taken to Arkansas Methodist Medical Center in Paragould this morning after an apparent incident involving carbon monoxide in the school's gymnasium.

Most of the students are believed to be members of the school's boys basketball team.

AMMC spokesman Shane Carter says all of the patients are being treated in the hospital's emergency room, and all appear to be in good shape at this time, though hospital personnel will continue to monitor the students and coaches for at least two hours, as a precautionary measure.

Carter says the students were being treated for carbon monoxide-related symptoms, such as being light-headed and/or dizzy, headaches, and drowsiness.

 

 

Powered by Frankly