Hidden Camera Victim Speaks Out, Investigation Continues - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Rebecca Smith Reports

Hidden Camera Victim Speaks Out, Investigation Continues

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT)- More than a week after Steven Tarpley was arrested for placing a camera in a 20-year-old girl's apartment, that victim is speaking out on her ordeal.

"I just go on with my normal routine, but at night that's when I get really scared. At night I lock every door," said the victim.

Tarpley's since been fired from his job as apartment manager of Garden Manor Estates in North Jonesboro.

His victim says regardless, she can't bare to go back and live there.

"I talked to my mom and she said it was my landlord," she said. "I really just can't believe it."

Jonesboro detective Jason Simpkins says they're still waiting on evidence from the Arkansas crime lab. He says anyone with information will help greatly in the investigation.

"We've had a lot of people concerned, a lot of people anonymously call," said Simpkins. "No one wants to come forward."

The complex is under new management now and they say the same thing ... community involvement in fighting crimes like these is critical and could keep someone from becoming a victim.

Tarpley's next court appearance is May 29th.

Questions or Comments? E-mail me at rsmith@kait8.com

Jonesboro police investigate shots fired call

Tuesday, July 25 2017 4:15 AM EDT2017-07-25 08:15:05 GMT
    Tuesday, July 25 2017 6:50 AM EDT2017-07-25 10:50:38 GMT

Jonesboro police are investigating a shots fired call just off Red Wolf Blvd. on the 3,000 block of Meador Rd.

Zip meets the date

Monday, July 24 2017 5:49 PM EDT2017-07-24 21:49:57 GMT
    Monday, July 24 2017 11:57 PM EDT2017-07-25 03:57:29 GMT
    (Source: KAIT-TV)(Source: KAIT-TV)

An event that happens once every one hundred years occurs in Brookland.

An event that happens once every one hundred years occurs in Brookland.

JPD investigates break-in at former GE plant

Monday, July 24 2017 10:05 PM EDT2017-07-25 02:05:30 GMT
    Monday, July 24 2017 11:52 PM EDT2017-07-25 03:52:52 GMT

Jonesboro police spent Monday looking for suspects in the theft of wire from the former General Electric plant, police said Monday.