Boiler Malfunction Leads to Evacuation of Downtown Medical Clinic - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Jonesboro, AR

Boiler Malfunction Leads to Evacuation of Downtown Medical Clinic

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - What is now being described as an apparent boiler "malfunction" this afternoon at the Clopton Clinic in downtown Jonesboro led to the building's evacuation.  Emergency scanner traffic indicated that the building's second floor was on fire at one time, although the situation appears to be under control at this time.  Employees and patients who were inside the facility have now been allowed to return to the building.

Several Jonesboro firefighters are at the scene at 300 Carson Street at this time.  Initial reports indicate that no one has been injured.

The incident occured shortly after 3 p.m.

Region 8 News has a crew en route to the scene, and will have more information as it becomes available.

 

Powered by Frankly