$1M Damage Estimate in Days Inn Fire

FORREST CITY, Ark. (AP) - Damage from a fire at a hotel in Forrest City last week is estimated at about one million dollars. The fire at the Days Inn Suites broke out Wednesday and destroyed much of the building.

Fire officials say the blaze started in an attic, probably from an electrical short. Fire Chief Johnny Ruffin says two firefighters required medical attention. One was treated for dehydration; the other for heat exposure.

Firefighters were called back to the scene the next morning when the fire rekindled.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)