HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) - Deputies say a 14-year-old Sherwood girl died and two others were injured Saturday night after being apparently electrocuted while swimming in Lake Hamilton. Hospital officials say Sarah Crotts died at St. Joseph's Mercy Health Center.
Officials say Devin Keele, 7, was taken to Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock and his mother, Tamara Keele, 40, remains at St. Joseph's. Garland County sheriff's department Lt. Rodney Neighbors told the Hot Springs Sentinel-Record newspaper that Crotts was underwater for a considerable amount of time before being reached by paramedics.
Neighbors says a boat dock near where the three were swimming has been shut down and will be examined by investigators.