Restaurant in Cardwell is destroyed in fire - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Restaurant in Cardwell is destroyed in fire

Associated Press - December 8, 2008 11:24 AM ET

CARDWELL, Mo. (AP) - Fire officials say a southeast Missouri restaurant suffered a total loss of its building and equipment after a blaze there.

Four fire departments responded to a fire at the Lazy J Ranch restaurant in Cardwell on Friday night, and spent several hours on scene.

Senath firefighter Ken Johnson said the building had a metal frame with a lot of wooden material on its interior, which made it difficult to fight the fire. There was no word of injuries, but phone calls for more details Monday were not immediately returned.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly