Update: Fire at Front Page Cafe in Jonesboro

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The Jonesboro Fire Department says the fire that destroyed the First Page Cafe was started by an electrical spark.

The JFD spent Monday morning battling a fire at the Front Page Cafe at 2117 E. Parker Road.

The fire was reported a little after 8 a.m. According to witnesses flames could be seen shooting out of the roof and a long the awning.

About 20 people were in the restaurant at the time of the fire, all made it out okay.

On scene photos show extensive damage to the restaurant. According to viewer reports, the restaurant was serving breakfast when the fire broke out.

The fire started somewhere in the attic, with the dining area suffering smoke and heat damage.

No word yet if the business plans to reopen.