Why is eradication necessary?
- Are aggressive top predators that eat most fish species
- Are strong competitors with other fish species
- Can tolerate Arkansas water temperatures year-round
- Can spawn up to five times a year
- Can severely impact fisheries
- Thrive in delta environments with sluggish water with vegetation, undercut banks and low oxygen.
- Can survive out of water for up to three days in a moist environment
- Can breathe air and move short distances on land, using their fins to create a snakelike motion