LITTLE ROCK, AR (KAIT) – If you are having trouble navigating medical insurance, help is on the way.
Representatives with the Arkansas Health Insurance Marketplace have decided to host events across the state to provided one-on-one assistance to consumers who want to enroll in the state’s My Arkansas Insurance Marketplace.
AHIM is a nonprofit public benefit corporation created to manage and implement a state-based health insurance exchange in accordance with state and federal law.
Agents and brokers will be available on Saturday, Dec. 8 at locations listed below to help people enroll and answer questions.
The locations are listed below:
* Batesville at the Crouch Insurance Agency at 249 Eagle Mountain Blvd., Suite 400 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Berryville at the Neighborhood Insurance Solutions at 206 South Springfield Street from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Clarksville at the Farm Bureau located at 1109 West Main from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Fort Smith at the Walmart Neighborhood Market at 4900 Rogers Avenue from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Harrison at Collins Insurance Agency at 715 West Sherman Avenue, Suite 1 from 9:00 am – 1:00 p.m. Also, in Harrison at the Baron Insurance Agency at 425 North Walnut, Suite 1 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Hot Springs at First Network Insurance at 1018 Airport Road, Suite 126 from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Jacksonville at the Walmart Supercenter at 2000 John Harden Drive from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
* Jonesboro at Health Insurance Solutions on 2619 S Caraway, Suite B from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Little Rock at the Goodwill Store and Donation Center on 109 Markham Park Dr from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Also, in Little Rock at Families First Insurance Agency located at 6701 West 12th Street from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Marshall at the Dance Factory Building at 109 Nome Street from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Newport at M&P Insurance Services, Inc at 105 Laurel Street from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
* Rogers at the Walmart Supercenter on 2110 W. Walnut Street from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Russellville at Walmart Supercenter, Insurance Kiosk at 2409 East Main from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Searcy at Tiger Insurance Agency at 303 N. Spruce from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
* Sheridan at the EOC Office at 815 East Center Street from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Springdale at the Walmart Supercenter located at 2004 Pleasant Street from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. In Texarkana at Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield at 1710 Arkansas Blvd. from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Van Buren at Retirement Planners, Inc. at 826 Main Street from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
People will need these items to enroll:
Information on how taxes are filed, such as single, married or head of household.
The expected household income for the following year, information for all persons who will be insured. This should include address, social security numbers, and work and income information.
Also, current health insurance information including carrier and policy number.
Legal immigrants must have documentation.
The open enrollment deadline is Dec. 15.