JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The Jonesboro Fire Department put out a grease fire Tuesday night that spread to the attic of the home.
According to a JFD captain, crews received the call at 7:45 p.m. of a fire at a home in the 1500-block of Alonzo Street.
When fire crews arrived on the scene, flames were seen coming from the home’s attic.
It took fire crews 10 to 15 minutes to put the fire out.
The fire captain said the fire started as a grease fire that the resident of the home thought he put out, but the fire spread through a vent and into the attic.
A neighbor saw the attic on fire and helped the resident out of the home.