PORTAGEVILLE, MO (KFVS) - A fire early on Thursday, Jan. 17 left a home a total loss in Portageville, Missouri.
According to Portageville Fire and Rescue officials they were called out around 3:40 a.m. to the corner of Meatte and 7th street.
The fire fully engulfed the home according to officials.
Fire officials said the residence had not been lived in since December because the renter was fixing a leak in the home.
There are no injuries reported. The renter lost everything in the fire.
When they arrived, officials found a single home with heavy flames and smoke showing.
Ladder 1 and city pumper 1 responded to the scene.
The last truck left the scene 7:25 a.m.