Patient tries to set fire inside hospital

Patient tries to set fire inside hospital
(Source: WMC Action News 5)

SOUTHAVEN, Miss. (WMC) - A hospital patient tried to set a couch on fire, according to officials.

The incident happened at Baptist DeSoto on Monday morning.

The couch did not catch fire, but caused smoke that caused the sprinklers to go off.

Twelve patients were moved to a different wing of the hospital, but no one was evacuated.

It’s unclear if the patient will face charges.

Copyright 2019 WMC. All rights reserved.