JONESBORO, Ark. (KAIT) - The annual Northeast Arkansas Fill the Food Bank event raised a total of 202,301 meals, outreaching a goal of 200,000 goals this year, officials said Friday.
The Northeast Arkansas Fill the Food Bank drive got underway at several locations all across Region 8 first thing Friday morning, with volunteers helping all day.
One dollar can provide about four meals, and all the money raised stays in Arkansas to help feed those in need.
The food drive was held at the following locations across Region 8.
- Kroger on Caraway Rd. in Jonesboro
- Walmart Supercenter on W Kingshighway, in Paragould
- Edwards Food Giant on 605 N Illinois Ave., in Harrisburg
- Walmart Supercenter on 512 Industrial Park Dr., in Trumann
- The Country Mart on 1020 E Main St., in Piggott
- Walmart on 1600 W Main St., Walnut Ridge
- If you would like to donate online, click here.
The Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas provides hunger relief to people in need by raising awareness, securing resources, and distributing food through a network of non-profit agencies and programs.
The food bank serves 12 counties in Northeast Arkansas.
Last year’s event raised 189,789 meals for the Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas.