Laura leaves many without power
JONESBORO, Ark. (KAIT) - Friday morning, as the remnants of Hurricane Laura trekked northward out of the state, it left more than 50,000 people across Arkansas without electricity.
Entergy Arkansas reported 42,000 customers without power as of 8 a.m.
”The southern part of the state experienced the most significant damage, including downed trees, power lines, damage to high-voltage structures and utility poles,” the company stated in a news release. “Crews have started additional damage assessments, which will continue throughout [Friday] and [Saturday] morning in the most heavily impacted areas.”
More than 1,100 employees and contractors are working on restoration efforts.
In Northeast Arkansas, the remnants of Laura left several thousand in the dark:
- Clay County: 9 customers
- Cross County: 159 customers without power in the Cherry Valley/Wynne/Parkin service areas.
- Independence County: 2,296 customers.
- Jackson County: 725 customers
- Lawrence County: 132 customers
- Mississippi County: 392 customers in the Blytheville/Manila/Luxora/Leachville service areas. Damage assessments underway
- Poinsett County: 246 customers
- Randolph County: 395 customers
- Sharp County: 114 customers
Entergy stated that scouts would be out assessing damage Friday in the
Here are the numbers to report a power outage in your area:
- Call: 1-800-521-2450
- Register to report outage via text message by clicking here:
- To report an outage: 1-888-771-7772
- To register for text messaging services, click here
- To view the current outage map, click here
- To report an outage: 1-800-968-8243 (1-800-9OUTAGE)
- To sign up for text message alerts, click here
- Call 870-523-3691
- Call (870) 930-3300
- To report an outage, call 1-800-439-4563
- To report an outage call one of the following toll-free numbers:
- From Baxter County - 870-425-2141
- From Fulton County - 870-895-3221
- From Izard County - 870-670-5600
- From Sharp County - 870-994-2191
- To report an outage from the NAEC mobile app, download it here.
- Call (870) 563-5245
- To report an outage call (870) 239-7700
Piggott Municipal Light Water and Sewer
- To report an outage call (870) 593-3208
Copyright 2020 KAIT. All rights reserved.