ACHI releases school district-level COVID-19 numbers
JONESBORO, Ark. (KAIT) - With the 2020-2021 school year underway, COVID-19 is spreading through several Northeast Arkansas communities.
To help parents ensure their child’s safety, the Arkansas Center for Health Improvement (ACHI) has teamed up with the Department of Education to provide school district-level COVID-19 data.
Using information from the Department of Health, the maps and tables show the trends of new positive cases for residents living in school districts across Arkansas.
The ACHI reported Thursday rates of 50 or more new infections per 10,000 residents in 200 districts. Of those, 50 districts had new infection rates of 100 or more per 10,000 residents.
As of Thursday, Sept. 30, the following districts in Northeast Arkansas reported at least 50 new known infections. An asterisk indicates that a district is new to the list this week :
- Cave City*
- Cedar Ridge
- East Poinsett County
- Greene County Tech
- Heber Springs
- Lawrence County
- Marked Tree
- Maynard - rate of 100 or more new known infections per 10K residents
- Paragould – rate of 100 or more new known infections per 10K residents
- Rivercrest - rate of 100 or more new known infections per 10K residents
- Riverside - rate of 100 or more new known infections per 10K residents
- Rose Bud
- Southside - rate of 100 or more new known infections per 10K residents
- West Memphis
- Westside Consolidated
Copyright 2021 KAIT. All rights reserved.