CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Missouri adds 4,950+ cases in its weekly report; Arkansas adds nearly 350 new cases
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) - Here’s a breakdown of cases in Missouri, Arkansas, and the Ozarks region.
Missouri: 1,341,613 Total Positive Cases (Includes breakthrough infections); 16,441 Deaths; (as of 4 p.m. September 28/Missouri reporting weekly/Missouri does not report recoveries)
Missouri added 4,950 cases for the week ending September 30. The state added no new deaths.
(In the Missouri Ozarks)
- Greene County (Daily Count Monday through Friday): 79,975 Cases
Missouri has stopped reporting daily numbers for individual counties. The numbers below go through March 31.
- Barry County: 4,501
- Barton County: 2,257
- Benton County: 3,392
- Camden County: 7,941
- Cedar County: 1,443
- Christian County: 15,842 (Probable cases associated with a positive antigen test)
- Dade County: 863
- Dallas County: 1,944
- Dent County: 2,365
- Douglas County: 2,077
- Henry County: 4,905
- Hickory County: 1,785
- Howell County: 6,536
- Jasper County: 20,659
- City of Joplin: 11,428
- Laclede County: 6,797
- Lawrence County: 5,753
- Maries County: 1,334
- McDonald County: 4,074
- Miller County: 5,267
- Morgan County: 3,482
- Newton County: 9,394
- Oregon County: 1,437
- Ozark County: 1,216
- Phelps County: 8,453
- Polk County: 8,137
- Pulaski County: 6,820
- Shannon County: 1,095
- St. Clair County: 1,327
- Stone County: 6,173
- Taney County: 10,503
- Texas County: 4,611
- Vernon County: 4,166
- Webster County: 7,170
- Wright County: 3,239
Arkansas: 952,469 Total Positive Cases; 12,213 Deaths; 206 Hospitalizations; 936,254 Recoveries (as of 4 p.m. October 4).
Arkansas reported 346 new cases on Tuesday. The state added 32 new deaths.
(In the Arkansas Ozarks)
- Baxter County: 10,186 (9,857 Recoveries)
- Benton County: 73,760 (72,647 Recoveries)
- Boone County: 10,598 (10,373 Recoveries)
- Carroll County: 6,944 (6,783 Recoveries)
- Fulton County: 2,982 (2,880 Recoveries)
- Izard County: 4,443 (4,346 Recoveries)
- Madison County: 4,547 (4,468 Recoveries)
- Marion County: 3,885 (3,769 Recoveries)
- Newton County: 1,932 (1,863 Recoveries)
- Searcy County: 2,381 (2,314 Recoveries)
- Sharp County: 5,425 (5,274 Recoveries)
- Stone County: 3,414 (3,319 Recoveries)
- Washington County: 76,777 (75,883 Recoveries)
The White House is releasing its reports on each state weekly. CLICK HERE for latest reports.
Here are some resources to keep you updated on the spreads.
MISSOURI CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: The state Department of Health and Senior Services said residents and medical providers needing advice on the virus can call 877-435-8411 at any time on any day.
CDC: The Centers for Disease Control is Atlanta is on the frontlines of the battle to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It offers guidance for you and your business. Click HERE.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH: Click HERE.
KY3.COM COVERAGE: Get the latest stories, both locally and nationally.
Simple preventive actions that help prevent the spread of all types of respiratory viruses include:
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Copyright 2020 KY3. All rights reserved.