Arkansas State football gets 2023 commitments from JUCO TE Kevin Diaz and AL HS WR Clyde Curry
JONESBORO, Ark. (KAIT) - Arkansas State football continues to assemble their 2023 recruiting class.
Northwest Mississippi Community College sophomore tight end Kevin Diaz committed to the Red Wolves on Monday. He had offers from Old Dominion, Marshall, ULM, Western Kentucky, and Buffalo.
Diaz earned NJCAA All-Region 23 honors in the 2022 season. In 8 games with the Rangers, Diaz had 11 receptions for 113 yards and 2 touchdowns. The Mississippi native recorded 24 catches for 299 yards, and 2 scores in 2021.
Gadsden City (AL) wide receiver Clyde Curry also committed to the Red Wolves on Monday. The 3-star prospect had offers from Minnesota, Michigan State, Southern Miss, Georgia Southern, and Western Kentucky to name a few. Curry was selected to play in the AHSAA North/South All-Star Game.
The early signing period for high school football prospects is December 21st - 23rd. JUCO players can sign with D1 institutions December 21st - January 15th. The regular signing period for prospects is February 1st - April 1st.
Arkansas State Football - 2023 Commits
- TE Kevin Diaz (Northwest Mississippi CC)
- WR Clyde Curry (Gadsden City - AL)
- LB Wendell Davis (Northwestern)
- LB Matthew Drake Thornton (Mississippi Gulf Coast CC)
- S Jordan Sample (Missouri City - TX)
- S Brandon Greil (Joe T. Robinson)
- WR Tennel Bryant (Archbishop Moeller - OH)
- WR Chauncy Cobb (Clewiston - FL)
- LB RJ Kelly (Lakeland - FL)
- DL Ian Jeffries (Southaven - MS)
- DE Brian Alston (Spain Park - AL)
- S Jamil Williams (Palmetto - FL)
- QB Jaylen Raynor (East Forsyth - NC)
- OL Joshua Daniel (Adamsville Minor - AL)
- DE/OLB Terrell James (Lake Wales - FL)
- WR Chris Dawn, Jr. (Mesquite Horn - TX)
- RB Cedric Hawkins (Stuttgart)
- WR DeAndra Burns (El Dorado)
- DE Timothy Gulley (Pensacola Christian - FL)
- S Tyler Scott (Pebblebrook - GA)
Copyright 2022 KAIT. All rights reserved.