Parents urged to hide medicine after 1-year-old ingests THC

From Region 8 News at Six
Published: Nov. 8, 2023 at 6:03 PM CST|Updated: Nov. 8, 2023 at 6:34 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

JONESBORO, Ark. (KAIT) - A recent health scare has law enforcement urging parents to keep medicine and edibles out of children’s reach.

According to a Jonesboro police report, a family rushed their one-year-old child to a local hospital on Friday, Nov. 3, after it had accidentally ingested THC.

Chad Henson with the Second Judicial District Drug Task Force said they see more cases like this than you would think.

“There are several cases within our district where small children have had access to things like THC marijuana, or even fentanyl,” Henson said.

Henson said the simple solution is to keep any medicines or drugs out of reach of small children and encourage parents to be vigilant.