Cardinals vs. Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 2
The St. Louis Cardinals (25-32) visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (28-27) to open a three-game series at PNC Park, with first pitch at 7:05 PM ET on Friday. The Cardinals are on the back of a series split with the Royals, and the Pirates a series win over the Giants.
The probable pitchers are Jack Flaherty (3-4) for the Cardinals and Roansy Contreras (3-4) for the Pirates.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cardinals vs. Pirates Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, June 2, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Flaherty - STL (3-4, 4.81 ERA) vs Contreras - PIT (3-4, 4.33 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Cardinals vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cardinals vs Pirates Player Props|
|How to Watch Cardinals vs Pirates|
|Cardinals vs Pirates Odds|
|Cardinals vs Pirates Prediction|
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jack Flaherty
- Flaherty (3-4) will take the mound for the Cardinals, his 12th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed seven hits in seven innings against the Cleveland Guardians.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 11 games this season with an ERA of 4.81, a 1.71 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.534.
- In 11 starts this season, he's earned three quality starts.
- Flaherty has eight starts of five or more innings this season in 11 chances. He averages 5.3 innings per outing.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Roansy Contreras
- Contreras makes the start for the Pirates, his 10th of the season. He is 3-4 with a 4.33 ERA and 36 strikeouts in 52 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was in relief on Sunday when the right-hander tossed two scoreless innings against the Seattle Mariners while giving up just one hit.
- In 10 games this season, the 23-year-old has a 4.33 ERA and 6.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .254 to opposing hitters.
- Contreras is trying to secure his fifth quality start of the year in this outing.
- Contreras is trying to pick up his ninth start of five or more innings this year in this matchup.
Roansy Contreras vs. Cardinals
- The opposing Cardinals offense has a collective .252 batting average, and is 10th in the league with 492 total hits and ninth in MLB play with 273 runs scored. They have the eighth-ranked slugging percentage (.426) and are sixth in all of MLB with 76 home runs.
- Contreras has pitched six innings, giving up two earned runs on six hits while striking out six against the Cardinals this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.